Thursday, December 25, 2008

merry christmas!!

We had a wonderful day spent with family. We hope that your Christmas was just as wonderful. Merry Christmas to all our dear family and friends!
I patiently awaited for the Wardlings to come into our room to wake us up. 5am...6am...7am...7:45 is when we started hearing them wake each other up. Josh was the 1st one up this year. We waited for us all to be finished with the bathroom and then all ran downstairs in a giant herd. The Wardlings saw their stockings filled and were excited but none as excited as Penny! It is fun to have a 3yr old @ Christmas! We slowly opened our gifts...one @ a time and ewed and awed over each item.
Clyde made us a beautiful hash brown and eggs breakfast to boot. We had fun opening up each of the packaged toys and marvelled @ how secure each item was to it packaging. Some of us even managed to squeeze in a couple hours of nap time before we headed over to Bubbie and Pop Pops house.
I had a hard time with Christmas this year. I never really got into the spirit of it. I did really enjoy knitting each of the sweaters that I made for the Wardlings. That was my most favorite gift to give this year. While I was knitting I thought of each of them and their likes and dislikes, personalities and it just made me very happy. I loved knitting Clyde's beanie and thinking of him. I think that making things for people during the holidays really makes it for me. I think about each person on my list and how they have touched our lives throughout the year. I know not everyone likes homemade gifts, which was made quite clear this year from a wee fella we gave a monogrammed towel too, but I enjoy making them. That is my selfishness I suppose. Even though I didn't get the Christmas spirit hugely this year, I love that my husband has a job now where he can have the Christmas holidays off and being able to spend time with him and our children. That was my favorite part this year...that and the Cosby DVD series that Clyde got me along with my new down filled vest, funky knee socks, and electric blanket. :)

No comments: