Tuesday, December 25, 2007

WWII monument

This was at one end of the WWII monument. I thought it was very patriotic.

We walked around the new World War II monument. It is pretty big. It is oval shaped with a big fountain in the middle. On the inside of the entrance, were these carved pictures. I like this one because it reminded me of my Grandpa, William Cecil. He drove the supply trucks in Italy. He was driving one day and a bomb hit his truck and there was a picture taken of it and it was published in a book. So, this carving of the supply truck was special to me.
Here are Jacob, Josh, Erin, and Libby throwing change into the WWII fountain. It's nice to think, that there is a bit of us there.
Clyde liked this carving quote. There were dozens of these around the monument. Clyde's Grandpa, Bill Gust was in either a 2nd wave or so, of troops to arrive after D-day.
Clyde and Penny in front of the fountain in the WWII monument.

No comments: