Wednesday, December 5, 2007

appointments

She is pointing to the sticker that say's "I had an X-ray."
Penny and her medicine mask.

So, Penny has been sick for awhile now. It started about a week or more before Thanksgiving. Her cough then went away for Thanksgiving day, but she then got the stomach flu and went through a pack of diapers in 24 hours. The Tuesday after Thanksgiving, she began to run a fever of 101*. So, I took her in to see one of her three Pediatricians, who wasn't Russian. She told us that her ears were fine, her chest was clear, but it was odd that she started running a fever after she had the stomach flu. Had she started running the fever prior her getting sick, then it wouldn't be so alarming. Her medical advice was to wait and see. Then Friday night, Clyde and I were gone to Columbia and then off to Myrtle Beach for the funeral of Jack Ward, Clyde's uncle, on Saturday. The funeral was beautiful. Ed sang and it was nice to meet some of the Ward's that I hadn't before. Meanwhile @ home, Penny threw up Friday night. I was glad that my Mom was here to take care of her. So, Saturday night, when Clyde and I got home, Penny woke up screaming. We grabbed her and she was coughing really bad. Penny and I hung out here Sunday morning while the other Wardlings went to church. The cough never went away. I again kept her home on Monday and Tuesday (yesterday) I took her back into her Pediatrician. He listened to her crackling lungs and wheeziness and did an albuterol treatment in the office. He also gave her a Rx for Zithromax and ordered a few chest x-rays. We went in this morning to have the x-rays, and yep, it showed a reacted airway disease...pneumonia. I just have to say that I hate this "just wait and see" crud.
We also took Josh in to see a G.I. Doctor yesterday. I wasn't too impressed. Poor Josh. The guy had big hands;the one thing that would be very uncomfortable. After we were finished with the appointment, the doctor sent us downstairs to Spectrum Lab to have bloodwork done. Josh was an absolute trooper throughout his appointments. I did pull a fast one on the boys yesterday. While we were waiting for the albuterol to kick in w/ Penny, I arranged for the nurse to give them their flu shots. They were not happy with me yesterday. Penny couldn't get hers, because she is so sick; Erin and Libby are next! ;)

No comments: