Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ward-Holmgren reunion

So, after 13 years, we are finally able to get these two Poland missionary companions back together. We met in the Ronald Reagan building for lunch. It was so fun to the kids to go through a security check. We had to show I.D. and empty our pockets with our cell phones and anything else metal. I put my bag to be x-rayed. The kids were mesmerized. Of course I beeped. I forgot my keys in my pocket and then my hair barrett beeped. I'm glad that I didn't have to be patted down, like Clyde had to be when we flew into NY. It was wonderful meeting Kurt ,and his family, after hearing mission stories of their companionship as well as others, nearly every day for the past 12 years. That's right, a daily Poland story. I think that I can tell them with a bit more detail than Clyde can. Clyde and Kurt served in Bytom, the disgusting, polluted, coal mining town. Clyde said that it was nasty and when we go to Poland, we will skip that town.
Here the fellas are with their crew of little people. In Asheville, this would be considered the branch primary in it's entirety. We loved meeting the Holmgren family: Kurt, Erica and children 4. We are looking forward to staying in better contact with you guys!! Shortly after this picture, while we were saying our good-byes, Penny tripped and fell. She split her lip open. Her mouth was bleeding pretty badly. Clyde joked saying that we were going to sue the government. I am glad to report that her lip is healing well. It was fat last night and today it is fine.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

Hey Clyde and Family - It was great meeting the whole family this week, we had a great time. Hard to believe it as been 13 years - a lot has happened since then. Now my wife can put a face to all my Clyde stories. You guys have a wonderful family and we look forward to keeping in touch and getting together whenever we can. Merry Christmas!

Kurt