Monday, December 17, 2007

Mary Jo's

YIPPEE!! Today, I finished all of my Christmas sewing. I cannot begin to express my happiness!! I have been collecting things all year, to make for Christmas. That's right, all... year...long...!! I spent the year waiting for sales @ Jo-ann's, clipping coupons, & digging through remnant racks, to find all the necessary items, needed to make this Christmas special for those on our list. And so, it's over. Now it's all the fun stuff, decorating cookies and passing out all the goodies that were made. On to wrapping it all!! I gave my Janome a hug, as I packed her away for a nap! :)

Saturday, Clyde surprised me with a trip to a cool fabric shop in Gastonia, called Mary Jo's. (Once Maylee reads that we were in Gastonia and didn't call, I'm sure a gasket will blow... please pray for our safety. This is not a joke!!) Anyway, it is Jo-ann's on steroids! There is everything that you can imagine sewing wise times 1000. I was a bit overwhelmed! Clyde drove the kids around, while I browsed the shop. What a cool husband Clyde is!! There were bolts upon bolts of fabric...every team, ACC that is, upholstry fabric, linen, corduroy in every wale imaginable. They had a wall of rick rack, a wall!! Then another wall of buttons. As well as every notion ever. As I walked through the shop, I came to the realization that the next time I go, that I needed to have an idea of what I was looking for, because it was a bit overwhelming. I bought some pretty corduroy, 3 shades of rick rack, some funky green fabric, thread to match, and some interfacing for my embroideries. I am excited to go back. I forsee a girls day out in the very near future!!

No comments: