Thursday, September 1, 2011

hello september

After school yesterday, Josh was a bit upset. He said that when the class lined up to go outside to leave for the day, a girl was tugging on his backpack. He turned around and asked her to stop a few times. His teacher then reprimanded Josh for talking. When Josh attempted to tell his teacher why he was talking, she said, "Don't talk back! I'll tell your Mom that you were misbehaving!" This didn't sit well with me. I have no problem with a teacher or church leader telling my children to stop talking, when it is justified. Here Josh was, being bullied of sorts and he gets into trouble for telling the girl to stop? I sent a note to his teacher this morning, which I'm sure will get a response from her this afternoon.

3 comments:

gleehorse said...

I can definitely see why that would upset you. What did the teacher say?

ashley said...

his teacher said that she did talk to the girl. that josh was never in trouble...but sent him to the principal's office the next day to tell his side of the story. it's going to be a long year!

gleehorse said...

Ok, that's a bit much...wow. :(