Wednesday, August 31, 2011

new RX

Last night the boys had their first soccer practice. Jacob is in between age brackets U-8 and U-10/12. Jacob practiced with Josh's team last night and the coach loved him. Jacob is a very good soccer player. He is a little bull dog and just knows how to play.  He is awesome. Josh is a very good player as well. He will be one of the taller boys on the team this year. When the practice was over, Clyde was walking to the car, when the coach yelled, "Ward, I want him!" Meaning he just bumped Jacob up to the older league. Both Clyde and I think that playing with older and bigger teams makes you a better player. Plus this means, one practice and one game on Saturdays instead of 3 separate teams, with 3 separate practices and 3 separate games. good times! (and hopefully being younger won't mean getting hurt.)

We ordered Josh a new pair of glasses in June. When he got them he said that the left lens wasn't right. We took them back into the shop, they checked them out and said that they were made correctly.  So, I made an appt. with our dr, after they told us that his eyes most likely have changed. The original appt. they gave me was in November. I took the appt. but thought it was unacceptable timing. I just kept calling the Dr.'s office to check to see if they had an empty spot. We were seen today and as it turns out, Josh's glasses weren't made correctly. The shop misread the RX.  Josh told us something wasn't right. I took the RX, receipt and note from our Dr., into the shop. They were cool and Josh should have a new lens within a week.

While at the dr.'s office I get a phone call, because Toto had escaped, again. This is an ongoing problem with this dog. He is on a zipline. He broke it, dug a new hole under the fence, and was walking about the neighborhood. We are meeting loads of new people in our neighborhood. However,  it is an embarrassing way of meeting new people in our neighborhood.

4 comments:

gleehorse said...

Very annoying on both accounts! I think I told you what I did for my dog (my first one) that kept escaping, right?

gleehorse said...

Oh yeah..good job for Jacob! That's awesome! :)

ashley said...

what did you do? i'm up for any suggestions!

gleehorse said...

I emailed you on FB. :)