Friday, September 16, 2011

the new blue

Since the accident, our lives have been turned up by 10,000 notches. There have been hundreds of phone calls made, need of a rental car, papers that needed to be signed, notarized, faxed, and mailed. Doctor appointments every.single.day. Oh and somewhere in the mix, we needed to find and buy a new van. Clyde and I looked and test drove alot of vans. We went to several dealerships here in the Emerald City and looked at dozens of dealerships on line. We are still getting hounded by a few dealerships to this day. We went to Kia (twice), Toyota (twice), Pre-Owned Toyota (twice), Honda,  & CarMax (twice). I even drug a friend along with me for the Pre-owned Toyota test drives. In the end our favorites were the kick rear Toyota Siennas. We loved the middle roll-down windows, the heaviness of the van, the window shades, the leather seating, the nifty space saving trunk area, the luggage racks, safety rating and the list goes on and on. However, the brand spankin new Toyotas were a bit out of our financial reach. Clyde and I aren't fussy people with our cars. We have had the base models before and have been very happy. After the accident, I totally reconsidered Kia. It was an awesome van, one that I'd still be driving, had it not been for the accident, but with airbags not deploying & the middle bench seat becoming disengaged, it's safety made it on my poop list. So, when we stumbled across the Chrysler Town and Country, touring edition, we were very happy. It had all the Toyota-ness that we liked plus everything one could imagine in a car...completely loaded!  It had relatively low miles and an awesome warranty. We were thrilled.
I am not happy to have car payments again, but this car makes it well worth the money. It feels sturdy and safe and I like that. The little Wardlings and I are still a bit nervous/ wary of riding in a car. Hopefully with some time and daily Chiropractic care, all wounds will be healed.

1 comment:

gleehorse said...

Congrats! You know, John has always said NO on Kias (we're 100% Toyota now anyway)...he was weary of their safety record. I thought maybe things would change as they were around more. However, after reading this...no way! That's scary! I'm glad you found a new one that makes you feel better--that's VERY important!!