Wednesday, June 22, 2011

day camp

This week is day camp for Josh and the rest of his troop.  Thanks to Clyde having summer's off, I was able to sign up for 3 days, even though I was only needed for 2. I just filled empty or absentee volunteer slots for the day. Yesterday I was with Den 6 and today was with Den 5.  Good boys. Today was all about wrestling in my den. I showed them how to leg wrestle...a big hit until one kid got kicked in the face. He cried for about 2 minutes and shook it off...literally. All was well. They thumb wrestled, arm wrestled, and we even got a game of slaps in. Then the boys challenged me to arm wrestling. I had the angel on one shoulder and the demon on the other about letting the boys win. Should I let them win? HECK NO!  (So I guess the demon won?) They had to learn that girls were strong too. I so beat all the boys who wanted to arm wrestle. Suck on that cubbies!




Josh earned the arrow for his shirt, a cool award for shooting at least 20 points in archery. He also earned a 48 in the BB shooting. The weather is hot, humid, & sticky this week. I don't know what I was thinking....I mean we live in NC where the weather is 90% humidity. He still has a few days of camp left and I am so grateful for my friend Andrea who volunteered to go all week and transport boys to and from camp. She is totally awesome. I am glad that Josh likes the camp and is having a good week...and that I was strong enough to beat 8 boys in arm wrestling. boo-yah!

No comments: