Tuesday, June 14, 2011

jury duty

Today I had a jury summons. When I got the letter, I laughed because at a pack meeting, my weblos put on a skit about being thrilled to have Jury Duty. We got loads of laughs. Jury Duty wouldn't have been terrible, except that Penny has croup and was up coughing and or throwing up all night long giving me maybe 3 hours of non restful sleep. There were close to 100 of us in the room and they called out 30 @ a time to go to different courtrooms for jury selection. I was in the 3rd group to go and was selected as an alternate juror. I sat in the hot seat, answered a few questions and was promptly dismissed. Then proceeded to wait the rest of the day back in the main juror room. I did manage to finish The Warlock by Michael Scott.  No, not this Michael Scott:

But this Michael Scott, the author the  Alchemist series.


 I even started a knitting project. I haven't knitted anything in awhile. Clyde was able to join me for lunch. It was fun walking downtown for a bit with my sweetheart. Overall I'm happy that I did my duty as a citizen and am looking forward to spending my $12 check!

No comments: