Wednesday, June 22, 2011

mumford and sons

Clyde did it...he got me to a concert. He has been pleading with me for some time to go to a concert with him. Truth be told, I don't like seeing bands like Mastodon and others with the really loud, crowded mosh pits and cigarette smoke. Just not my thang. The last concert I went to was back in 1996 to see Tori Amos at the Asheville Civic Center.  (I take this back we did see the Wiggles in concert at the Biltmore Square Mall when the older girls were small.) When Mumford and Sons came to Raleigh, we had to go. I really enjoyed the show and spending time with my sweet cheeks and some good friends. Thanks honey for the show! I would still like to see Floggin' Molly and the Avett Brothers in concert...hint hint. (of course the ticket price has to be right.)

This was the Mumford and Sons in concert the night before in Asheville @ the Civic Center:

and live in Raleigh:



Before the show we ate a quick dinner with our pals. As we were sitting, eating and chatting, this lady walks in the resturant with ginormous boobs and no bra. Without even thinking, I totally blurted out, "And she's not wearing a bra!" This did get a good giggliy laugh from everyone. I felt like I was 5 years old and just a smidge embarrassed. Don't get me wrong, I am all about letting the girls breathe and flop about at times, but not in public. When did this become acceptable? I can remember a time in Asheville where some of the gals at church didn't wear bras. Come on gals, wear bras in public!

No comments: