Sunday, July 3, 2011

summer knitting

My friend Linda is having a baby girl in August. She found out when she was something like 20 weeks along that she was pregnant.  The baby sweater turned out nicely. I started it when I was waiting in the jury selection room earlier this month. It was a fairly quick knit, only taking about 2 days and only being a few rows at a time.  I wanted it to be simple in the front...
 with some detailing in the back. I have a cool calender with knitting stitches on it and this pattern was one of them. I think it adds such a delicate feminine detail.  I decided to crochet the hat instead of knitting it to save a bit of time. Overall, I'm thrilled with the result.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

UMMM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! I LOVE it! And your "campy scrap" blanket looks awesome. I got on here to look at the viking get-up and got lost for much longer than intended...I should've waited until AFTER I got home to look at your blog! Now I'm sitting at my desk with a wet head and I need to be out the door very soon. I'm picturing the viking hats with teeny tiny horns for teeny babies and I'm loving it!