Sunday, February 6, 2011

jenny lind

I have been looking for a Jenny Lind bed for some time now. My Grandma Cecil has a bed similar to this one, except it is a full sized. I remember it was loaned to my sister and I when we lived in a blue house, when I was small (5 or 6). I love that bed! When we bought our house 3 years ago, I began looking for a bed similar to MeeMaws. I found one about 2 weeks ago on Craigslist and the price was right. I arranged with a friend to tag along with me {for protection of course} to meet up with the guy selling it. I was so excited!! (I know the pictures are dark and somewhat fuzzy, but it was a rainy day, the bed was in my garage, and these were taken with ye olde cell phone. blah blah blah) I got to sanding and painting. I totally misguesstimated how many cans of spray paint this sucker would take for the perfect paint job. I bought the 3 cans that Lowes had and really a fourth would make it perfect. I have to wait until they restock though.


 This was the bed when I set it up for the first time in my girl's bedroom and promptly began cleaning the room. (see post below for further cleaning details...they are juicy.) Yes, they have a light blue room...mainly because they couldn't agree on colors for their room and there was an awesome room in a pottery barn catalog that I tried to re-create. (Their room still needs work...like the painting of the bunk beds and dresser, and of course better curtains...etc.) However, all 3 are sick of the blue and yet again they can't agree on colors. I am thinking a light pink.
 After 8 hours of cleaning (again see the post below), furniture moving, loads upon loads of laundry and some bruises on my left knee cap; their room is spic and spam. Now it is time to become militant about the cleanliness. NO MERCY!!

No comments: