Saturday, February 19, 2011

big goof

Today was a temple day for Erin, Libby, and me. I loved going to the temple and seeing our girls do Temple work. Erin wanted to ride in someone else's car, so Libby and 2 other girls and I rocked the beetle. The girls were playing the dots game. It was really funny to hear them laughing and cutting up in the car.

Meanwhile @ the Brown house, Clyde was busting it! He and Josh cut down some of the twigs, small trees, and thorny areas in our jungle. We seriously need to get a mulcher for the day to grind up the poor tree souls that are lying on the ground. We just need to put them out of their misery. Clyde was super dad in making their day happy while being very productive! He had super helpers help him wash and vacuum out cars too. You are awesome honey!!

We are in the final hours of prep work for Hairspray. It has to be shipped out Monday. As it turns out, there are 2 gals in the production that have bustier busts and need to have something custom made...by me. My job on Friday was to buy fabric and get to sewing. I bought fabric and I began sewing. When I took it into the shop, Sis. D wasn't thrilled. I had purchased the wrong fabric and sewed the wrong dress.  (It was more of a difference of vision than anything else.) I appreciated her honesty and yet she was kind too. I just felt horrible that I had let her down. Giving me another chance, I have been busily sewing away. I have to give shout outs to plus sized clothing designers and the people who sew them. The clothes are tricky to make. Dressforms aren't as abundant in bigger sizes and to get busts, waists and hips right is a hard job to accomplish. I am unaccustomed to making dresses any bigger than the size of my children. The gal who plays Tracey has a 53" bust, 47" waist, and a 58" hip.  I had to make a pattern from a pattern to fit her. Even then it had to be altered. Talk about mental insanity and needing to be completely focused.  I am nearly finished and need to get going on the 2nd dress. The second dress is 9" smaller in the bust etc. I just felt really bad that I had goofed. Everyone goofs, but I should've known better. It can be overwhelming to be buying things, with other's money and then to goof. Not such a good feeling.

No comments: