Tuesday, September 28, 2010

tell it to my heart

Today a friend of our family passed away.  Even though we knew he wasn't going to make it, I still feel very sad.  Death at times is peaceful. However, after going through a few family emergencies which were life and death in the last two years, it leaves me on edge. I have full faith in the Plan of Salvation.  I know that their family will be reunited.  I guess in the words of the steel magnolias mom, "I wish someone would tell it to my heart." It just aches for the family that he left behind. You will be missed GP.

2 comments:

Bubbie said...

I join with you your pain and sorrow...life has taken its many twists and turns lately, but He has seen us through. My prayers join yours for G's family, we know he is safe, but the heartache remains....love you xox

gleehorse said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I understand how you feel...I understand the Plan of Salvation perfectly, but it still hurts hard. A girl my age, that I grew up with, passed away earlier this year. It threw me completely for a loop (though I knew she had cancer).