Tuesday, February 23, 2010

peppermint patty

I really like shoes.  I have been stuck in a 'mom rut' and want/need to broaden my footwear. Do not get me wrong.  I love my comfy Keens.  They are worn nearly every day.  I even have several pairs of them.  Great shoes.  I love my birkenstocks too...even though a- Clyde threatens every year to throw my peppermint patty shoes away and 2- they have a bit of a suction problem that causes a loud noise when walking and they sound like I am farting...though I swear it is the shoes,  {honest I promise...the shoes} they remain faithfully in my closet.  A coupla few weeks ago when we went to the mall, I found the above beauties and fell in love...LOVE.  I made such a bee-line to the rack to behold these beauties.  I tried them on...they were nearly a perfect fit...except for my darned long monkey toes.  They were on sale too.  I debated for a good bit of time, while I tried on other shoes of course, whether or not I could endure the pain to have these shoes.  I would only be wearing them to church and that is only 3 hours.  I tried them on again.  I walked around.  My children laughed and my loving husband rolled his eyes.  I walked some more...prancing is a better word and alas the pain won out.  They were the last pair in the store.  The shoes were even 1/2  a size longer than my normal size and my toes were still too long.  One day I will find some of these that will actually fit and that don't make a weird sucking sound when I walk.  Until then adieu, adieu, adieu. darn it!
I'm not the only one who loves shoes either.  it must be genetic!

1 comment:

Silas said...

I hate when the fart thing happens. I try to show people it was not me and the shoes won't make the same sound.