Monday, February 22, 2010

meanwhile at the brown house

I began a new pattern for the girls.  It is time for some new spring/ summer dresses.  We went looking @ the mall for some, but the $70 price tag stopped me cold.  I figured that with my new dress form, I could make 6 dresses for the same price.  Here was the first dress ever to go on the dress form.  It is awesome!


Here the dress is finished...needing to desperately be iron.
How does it fit you ask???  Like a glove.  A glove I say!
Then I made Libby one.  She is a bit pickier...who am I kidding, she is A TON pickier than Erin.  Libby fell in love with a dress @ the mall.  She wanted the poof.  I bought a few patterns from Hobby Lobby, when they were two bucks each and let her choose which style she liked. (All different levels of poofy.) She couldn't get her point across with the poof.  She described the poof of a princess dress, but actually wanting the poof @ the bottom...like I had been saying to her the entire time. (she drew me a picture.)
The pale pink turned out darling.  I still had to make a few adjustments to the shoulders for a better fit.  I finished Erin's poofy slip, but need to make Libby's.  Knowing her, she'll have something to say about whatever I make.  sheesh!

3 comments:

Maylee said...

I want a dress too!!!!!!!! Love them!!!

Silas said...

Clyde did well on that gift. It is saving the family money!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the dresses, Ashley! And Erin is just looking a little grown up...where has the time gone?
Mary