Monday, February 8, 2010

newborn heaven

There was a lovely baby born last week to our good pals, Plus One and Plus One's sister.  Another sister!  I had to go over and give the newborn a squeeze on Sunday.  She is adorable!  Anyway, my friend Ashley asked for another few things and these were my first go at newborn crocheted items.  My first hat was for Plus One's new baby sister and it was too small.  What perfect timing that I have a newborn's head to try my things on!  The bear hat isn't complete.  It gets big buttons in the ears and is so adorable on babies.

Penny and I had a very  busy day that included another 3 hour visit to the place that repaired our brakes last week.  The brakes were still scraping/ grinding, so the place replaced the van's metal filled brake pads with 'the best brake pads.'  I hope this time it works.  I don't know if I can handle another long wait.  While we were waiting, we caught Martha, noon news, Access Hollywood, which was a re-run, and the Wendy Williams show.  Martha's show was fine...Harrison Ford's son, Ben was on. He is a chef & demonstrated some stuff.  I was crocheting and I swear he sounds so much like his Dad. Wendy Williams' show on the other hand was T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E!!!  Just had to get that out there.

4 comments:

Maylee said...

I'm going to go ahead and put in my order for both in green please!

Cyndie said...

I saw WW at the doctor's office once. It was frightening.

Cathy said...

I had to get our van's brakes fixed too. Yuck! Such cute hats though!

Silas said...

Love the ears on the hat but I think I saw the same thing at Disney World. You may get sued