Monday, January 25, 2010

bonk!

Penny has the flu.  I am figuring that she got the flu from getting the flu shot on Wednesday.  For the past few days she has spent every waking moment by. my. side.  If I move to do anything, like go to the bathroom (dang you cranberry juice), she'll come in the bathroom to keep me company.  She sits so delicately on the side of the tub.  She'll even cross her legs and wait for me.  How nice.  For the past 2 nights, Penny has slept with me,  coughing in my face all night long.  Last night the only extended amount of sleep was from midnight to 2:30am.  That was it. (I must give Children's NyQuil some props for my nap.)  She was thirsty, or coughing, or moving, or running a 102* temperature that required ibuprofen or tylenol.  She was hot, then cold, then hot and then cold all over again.  She wanted the flannel sheets and then she didn't want the sheets.  She thought that my pillow was better than her (or Clyde's) three.  Then if I moved, she nestled her head into my neck, or threw her legs over my side.  6am couldn't come fast enough to get to move.  I wish I would've remembered to count the times I shoved her over into the middle of the bed. Being absolutely exhausted (and a smidge angry and grumpy...at this point what is the difference???) this morning didn't run as smoothly as I would have liked.  And to add an injury into the mix, I totally bonked my head on the van as I was getting into it, to take the male Wardlings to school.  I now have a nice goose egg on my head that hurts and will most likely turn purple, then green, then yellow.  That'll go nicely with the dark purple circles under my eyes and the cold/flu that I am developing.

1 comment:

grammy said...

Just to let you know you are a terrific mama, and "this too will pass". Keep your chin up, everyone will be well soon, including you, or we could just completely quarantine your house!!!! Love-Becki