Thursday, April 23, 2009

peter parker

We are so very proud of our Wardlings! They all got A's and B's on their report cards. There was one lower grade, but we are happy with their report cards. To reward Libby, for being on the A/B Honor Roll, she was invited to an Honor Roll Breakfast. Jacob decided that he was wearing his Spiderman costume for the day. Now Jacob isn't one to draw too much attention to himself, so I told him that if he wore Spiderman that he would be getting looks and comments. He didn't seem to mind until we got into the library for the breakfast. He got loads of comments and even more looks. He asked me why people were saying stuff about him and all I could say was that I had warned him about wearing the costume and that we as adults were jealous.

Wouldn't it be great to 'dress-up' for work or play everyday and have it totally understood. I mean think about it...mmmm....Monday, I'm wearing my cape, Tuesday is Wonderwoman, Wednesday is Supergirl, Thursday Elmo all the way, and Friday is Rainbow Brite day. Then Saturday, while going to Costco, I'll sport my camo Princess Leia. Sweet! We, as adults, only get Halloween and let's face it gals, we are either witches, some type of fuzzy animal...cat, rabbit, or something like a street walker. It'd be great to be 5 again sporting our tutu or jedi cape and light saber where ever we went and have no one think anything, besides how darn cute we were.

Alrighty- enough of my ramblings on....

Jacob was adorable in his spiderman suit as was even a hit when we went to have the oil changed in the van. Jacob, our Spiderman...You ROCK!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I proud of you for letting him wear it. I would have said no and dealt with the crying.

ashley said...

can't do that! he's 5. it is all in being a kid. he sometimes wears his jedi cape in public too. it's fun!

Anonymous said...

I've trained my Padawan well. He is almost ready to take over his Kindergarten class.
-clyde