Monday, November 5, 2007

our yard sale

Clyde and I have been talking about having a yard sale for the past few months. With the weather beginning to change and yard sale season coming to a close, we thought that it would be Saturday or wait until next spring. (Yes, there is a yard sale season.) Of course there is always Goodwill, but why not try to make a few dollars off of our stuff that we don't want anymore. Friday, I bought poster boards and made signs. Clyde hung them on a few streets signs and lamp posts to advertise. We started setting up on Saturday morning @ 6:15am. By 6:45am I had customers w/ flash lights. It was freezing too by the way. Once we had all of the stuff laid out, we realized that we had a bunch of junk, and then the thought came that we might not make anything and that the stuff would all go to Goodwill. To our surprise, people wanted our junk!! A few things went for less than what they should have, partly my fault because I didn't have them priced high enough. Overall we had a successful morning. Raegen and John came by on Saturday to check out our sale. It's nice having family near by. Once the crowds began to die, we loaded the stuff up in the van and dumped it off to the wonderful Goodwill, to which I lovingly refer to as the "Other People's Crap Store." It felt good to go through our home and get rid of the stuff that we don't need anymore. Once I saw what a few customers wanted, I ran back in the house and found more stuff to sell them. I had fun and I even knitted part of a dishcloth in the slow times; mainly to keep my hands warm. I look forward to having more yard sales in the future.

No comments: