Friday, November 9, 2007

house hunting

Clyde and I have been looking for a house for over a year now. I have seen at least 50 houses and there was always something not right about it. Either the house or the location. Well, I think that our hunt is over. Monday, we made an offer and they accepted it. Our loan place has a faxed copy of the contract and the originals. We are hoping for a speedy closing. We have an estimated closing date of Nov. 30th, but I am still skeptical. We were supposed to have our inspection on Monday, but our realtor, Chris, called not too long ago to reschedule. Then the date that he wanted to reschedule, Penny has her speech evaluation. That's right, she's 2 and only says 3 words. We have our theories, like she is the baby of 5 children, so she doesn't have to say anything, or that she can't, or my favorite theory is that she is just too spoiled to speak. She'd get more things that she wanted if she could say them. I have even tried signing a few things and she looks at me with a bewildered face, and walks away. That's right, spoiled...

So, we are hoping for everything to go well with the house. I think that I'd feel better once we have the keys. This is our first time buying a house, so I am really nervous. However, it is time that we are settled and in our own place. I am looking forward to painting and decorating, and most importantly making memories. Pray for us!!

No comments: