Sunday, May 15, 2011

new shoes for me

Clyde gave me such a sweet Keen bag 2 years ago for Valentine's day. It served me well. I could pack loads of diapers and sippie cups and star wars babies, as well as anything else I wanted. I used it when we went to DC last month. However, using it everyday for 2 years caused some rips and tears. I would just resew them, until recently when I had sewn it for the last time. The lining was coming out and things were slipping out of place into an abyss of Ashley's purse.

Thankfully Clyde purchased the Keen bag at REI. Are you and REI Member? If not, you should be. REI lets you return anything you have purchased, not matter how long ago, if the item becomes defective, or shoes rub a blister on your feet...whatever, whenever. So, I made up my mind to buy a new bag. I am in need/want a new summer bag. I returned my old friend to look for a new friend, but saw these...and fell in love. These are not cheap shoes. However, with the return of the bag, these were more in my price range.  Thank you honey for the gift that keeps on giving!  I just love new shoes!

3 comments:

Tamra said...

I love love love keen shoes. Those will last you forever! (especially since you got them at REI:) Way to go!

ashley said...

i love love LOVE keens too. hope you are well!!

Maylee said...

I also love these shoes, very cute!! I love their ladies shoes!