Friday, May 20, 2011

jambu's


Penny and Jacob had to go to the dentist again today. At our last week's check-up it was determined that Jacob had one itsy tinsy cavity and Penny needed some work done. About 6 months ago she had a shiney silver crown placed on one of her back molars. She never really liked the silver tooth and occasionally would say that it hurt, like 2-3 times. Welp, at her check-up it was determined that the crowned tooth was abscessed and would need to be removed. How lovely. Antibiotics were started for the week. Today was the day of gloom and doom. Once in the chair, Jacob's itsy bitsy cavity was non-existing. Penny however, had to have a filling redone, a tooth extracted and a spacer placed in. She did awesomely for the Novocaine and injection of numbing stuff. Her nerves get to her about 3/4 of the way in and all hell breaks loose. She starts screaming, kicking, flailing her arms. not a pretty sight. It is down right ugly. (We get our own private room and sometimes, the special papoose board is needed. Fun huh?!)  Today was special because, somehow I had managed to pull some rascally muscles in my back and was in miserable pain. As the flailing began, I had to physically hold her arms and legs down so that the dentist could do her job. Oh the pain when I stood up. Thank goodness that is over.
I am a sucker when it comes to my wardlings having dental work done. Since she wasn't returning to school, I decided to walk around a bit in hopes that my back wouldn't be so tight and sore. I knew that REI was having a big sale and really there were some things on my want list, so we headed to the shopping center. I tried my best to get Penny to like some Tevas, but it was a no go. She was happy with a pair of pink sunglasses and some 2 for a dollar nail polish.
These red Jambu's were on sale today and I bought them. Mine are a bit different, with a darker leather brown strap than the one pictured. So far so good on the comfort level. The insole is made from memory foam, as in mattress memory foam and they are so comfy.  I guess you can say that these were my reward for holding my screaming, kicking, and flailing 5 year old down to have some dental work done.

No comments: