Sunday, May 22, 2011

i am so sick of green

This week at the shop, we have been working on an Emerald City project. A local private school is doing a revue of Phantom of the Opera, Evita, Cats, and Wicked. My job was to create some funky green hats for Wicked...19 of them to be exact. The funkier the better. The taller the better. The feathery the better. Sparkles and more sparkles. I even worked from home on one day and was successful in making 8 hats. The rest were completed yesterday. I had to add some bling and flashiness to the guy's top hats as well.
Penny was more than happy to model the few that I made from home. Josh even got in on the action but I don't think he'd like me to post him wearing the hat right now...blackmail for later. 
 The crocheted hat with the bird is my favorite. This was such a fun project and truth be told, I loved trying them on to just be sure they would stay on someone's head while dancing about. Yes, I wore them and danced about. I loved it. Totally fun.
    Today we finished up the 25 Wicked costumes which included the black Elphaba costume I made yesterday and finished up today. However, I am so sick of green! We were  a few costumes short and one trip to the Bargain Box downtown, some rit dye, and some alterations, and we are warp speed Mr. Sulu.  (which is a story for later) I think I may have to see this revue, just for the hats, I mean costumes.

No comments: