Friday, October 8, 2010

someone forgot to brush his hair

This picture says alot about our mornings this week. Josh put on a fleece hat that morning at breakfast and then took it off in the car on the way to school.  He looked hilarious.  There is a no hat wearing rule @ the school, and thus, once we arrived, I had him run into the bathroom to wet his hair down. He was a bit embarrassed about his hair, so he had both his arms covering his head when he walked, with haste, into the school's bathroom.
As of this week, getting dressed, fed, with teeth brushed, hair brushed/ styled, socks and shoes on, while making sure there is a snack in the backpack, along with the previous nights HW, and lunch packed in the mornings, is proving to take more and more time. I find myself losing patience with the goof balls that are under 5'5" who dwell in the brown house. Afterall, they have gotten ready for school now for several weeks and for a few of them, 5 days a week, for many, many years.  They should be in a routine by now.  When in reality, the opposite is actually happening.  The boys are wrestling instead of brushing teeth, Penny is pouting over hairstyles and which back pack to take to school, we can NEVER-eva seem to find one of the gazillion hair brushes that we own, and I am having to repeat myself 3+ times (sometimes loudly) to get their rears is gear. Why is it, that when you need your child(ren) to hurry, they slow down? and then when you need them to slow the crap down, they speed the crap up? I find myself getting onto them for not finishing the steps of completion...ie...once you are finished with your HW, put it in your folder, then put your folder in your backpack, and then hang your backpack up on the hook, the special hook that I placed on the wall JUST. FOR. YOUR. BACKPACKS!!!  This is not a new concept. However to them it is as if everyday is the first day they are seeing this routine.  Everyday I am making them return to 'finish' their steps.  Getting old wardlings...getting very, very old. I hope that next week will prove easier than this week.

1 comment:

gleehorse said...

I feel some of your pain! Celeste is slowing down also. I'm threatening to time her, also. Any extra time taken will be taken off of bedtime. Ugh!