Sunday, October 24, 2010

fall at the brown house 2010

The changing of the leaves have begun here in the Emerald City. I just love fall. It is my favorite season.

Today was our ward's Primary Program. This by far is my favorite Sunday of the year. Being behind the scenes in years past has really helped me to appreciate the work that goes into a Primary program. Having the big girls be too old for primary, I am really appreciating these last few years with our children in them. Josh and Penny were open for parts, but this year Jacob was nearly relieved not to have one. He sat in the front row, making faces @ us about the whole time. Penny made me cry. With her speech apraxia, speaking is very difficult for her. She has so greatly improved.  This year her part was..."We have a Prophet on the earth today. His name is Thomas S. Monson." and then something like I am happy to follow the Prophet. Another little girl had already said Penny's line and the music began to play for the children to sing a song...however Miss Penny marched up to the microphone @ the pulpit and said her part with Cathy's help. (music still playing) I could totally understand every word she said.  Both Clyde and I had people coming up to us after the meeting telling us how moving her part was.  Penny is such a sweet spirit. She works so hard with her speech. I am constantly amazed how far she has progressed.  I am very thankful for my children. They totally bless our lives. 
     Josh last year around Christmas time, had given a talk in Primary.  It was on Jesus and being a good example.  As it turns out, each of our ward's primary leaders individually remembered Josh's talk and knew that they wanted to have him give it again for the program. I'd say that this years program was a very touching one. Thanks ladies for all your work!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Sorry about the confusion with Penny's part (it was totally my fault). But, your kids did such a good job. They were some of my favorite parts of the whole program.

ashley said...

no fault was had. i think they all did a great job. i loved watching e bounce with enthusiasm from the stand! :)