Tuesday, September 29, 2009

for to us was born...

a son! Our first son is 9 today! 9 I tell you!! Josh was and still is such a sweet baby. He was born after 6 hours of labor and came so fast that he had bruised cheeks. And alas- the epidural didn't work for the full time. I got it, it worked for about an hour, but I became so itchy! Needless to say that it totally stopped working. His birth was scary because he had the cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times. We were very worried about our little man. I didn't get to hold him right away and I remember telling the nurses that I wanted him. My OB looked up at me and then said to the nures, "you may want to hurry up, Mama is getting anxious." We fell in love right away! Clyde was so thrilled to have a son that he ran out and bought him the new nike Air Jordan's, a baseball glove, and a football. My parents brought a soccer ball to the hospital as well. The erruption from the Wards, when we told them we had a son was HUGE!

We are so blessed to have Josh in our family! Happy Birthday buddy!!

3 comments:

Silas said...

HAppy B. Day Josh

clyde said...

I can't think about Josh too much without getting a little misty. He is my little man! I think he slept with his new guitar last night.

dena4kids said...

Boys are special aren't they! Happy late b-day!