Thursday, September 24, 2009

wolverine tooth

I do not enjoy going to the dentist, well until today. I have had a nasty sharp pain in a tooth that I needed to have crowned a little more than 3 years ago and I knew that the dentist could take my pain away. I would have rather given birth again than to have any more of the pain filled days/ nights like I have had. (and just to clarify...i am not pregnant.) I called around and found an endodonist that would fix this problem. Man is dental work pricey...too pricey!! I had an appointment this morning and all I thought they were going to do was x-ray it, tell me I needed a root canal and schedule an appointment for next week. After checking the health of the tooth, he realized that several of the roots, 2 of the 3 were already dead and the 3rd was dying. Then he said that he had time this morning and we could do it right then and there...no more waiting.

So after an hour +, here is my x-ray. I kinda like my wolverine tooth now. This was taken before all the t's were crossed and the i's dotted. The actual root canal procedure wasn't too bad...it's the after. Half of my face was numb for 4-5 hours and then there is the pain from holding my mouth open for that long. Then there is the pain from the after procedure, but overall the pain is bearable thanks to motrin. Of course once the endodontist was done, & I literally cut out a kidney to pay them, I had to go to my dentist to have it filled. That was such a rip off. I had to pay another $120 for my dentist to fill the crown instead of the endodontist doing it. (The endodontist drilled through my crown to get to the roots. I thought that the crown would be removed and then reattached. silly me.) It is still a business. Come on Public Health!!

2 comments:

clyde said...

what did you say about giving birth again? I didn't finish the post, because I passed out after i read the first line. Thanks a lot. My students thought I died.

dena4kids said...

It is terrible all the pain they put you through, they should offer discounts! My Mom goes to a sedation dentist in Raleigh. She loves it!
Hope your tooth is feeling better!