Tuesday, April 5, 2011

march snow

On the 28th of March, this is what it looked like outside:
 that's right folks, snow. I had already planted some lettuce, cabbage, and broccoli to which, thankfully, has all survived the cold weather. We were all so happy because the Wardlings didn't miss any school because of the dusting of snow.
 Clyde saw an adorable cupcake hat on a girl, at our last soccer game. He really liked it and rarely asks specifically for something for me to knit. Upon his request and  the weather being so cold, I got right on it. I had seen these hats on Ravelry ( a knitting/ crocheting pattern website) for a long time now, but never made one. I looked at the hats on ravelry and made up my own pattern as I went along.
 I made my own pom pom and sewed all the little glass beads on the top to look like sprinkles.
And in true NC fashion...the weather was 75 degrees the very next day. She'll be ready for the next cold day or season...which ever decides to arrive first.

No comments: