Sunday, April 24, 2011

day 1, DC

Clyde planned a trip for the entire 8th grade at his school to go to Washington DC. This has been a year in the making. He single-handly organized the trip, along with 3 fundraisers to make this trip possible. He did an amazing job! He even ordered the brightest yellow hoodie ever, so that we could spot our students easily. Clyde really did think of everything! He sweet talked me into being a chaperone. I didn't mind at all. I loved being in our Nation's Capitol with my sweetheart! We began our trip @ 4:30 am to get to the middle school. Thank you to Ed and Becki for watching our 4 other Wardlings for us! We left Clyde's school @ 6am to make our way to DC.  We were outside for the rest of the day. It was freaking freezing on day one!  I was so glad that we had hoodies and that I remembered to pack gloves for Erin and I. We hit Arlington Cemetary and watched the changing of the guard. We had 3 students get to lay a wreath down. Nice. We saw the Kennedy's gravesite, the Challenger's memorial, and many more graves.


 We saw the Vietnam Wall...
 WWII Monument...


 Lincoln Memorial...
 Marine Memorial...
And later the Washington Monument.
We ate dinner @ Union Station and even had a student tackled, by accident, by a policeman. fun times!

No comments: