Tuesday, June 29, 2010

thursday

We left D.C. a bit late and headed to Lancaster Pennsylvania.  We stopped @ the welcome center to stretch our legs and use the restroom. 
Once Jacob and I left the welcome Center, I was stung by a bumble bee, right below my eye.  That mug hurt too! Thankfully we had some sting relief pads and some benedryl in the car.  However, for the rest of the trip, I looked like I had been slugged inthe eye.  My first impression of PA???  bad, very bad!
Once we checked into our hotel, we drove to another visitors center where we got some flyers and some hints about where to go in Amish country.  The wardlings loved this buggy!
We then took a preview drive to checkout what we wanted to see the next day.
We noticed stars on all the houses and thought maybe it was a symbol of the Amish. We noticed how very rural the area was.  Fields upon fields of corn and yet there were many gardens behind the houses.  We saw cows and horses galore.
We also had some very tired grump Wardlings on our hands...

No comments: