Thursday, December 31, 2009

corduroy jacket

I started this sweater shirt a day or so after Christmas. I am so accustomed to having my hands busy, that I couldn't just sit still. I finished the sweater the day after I got started on it. I think it turned out so cute. It was my first placket on a sweater and I like it!

Jacobs corduroy jacket was one of my back-patting projects for this Christmas. He has been asking for a church jacket for some time now. Clyde and I found one that we liked @ the Children's Place, but the price tag was a bit more than we both wanted to spend. We went to Jo-Anns with a 40% off coupon to buy this yummy chocolate corduroy fabric. I used the same pattern as his Edward jacket for Halloween. This jacket took 3 days of sewing to complete, THREE days. I wanted it just right. I even added pockets! What was I thinking?? The coolest was seeing his face light up when he opened it and he was proud to wear it on Sunday to church.

No comments: