Friday, October 16, 2009

star wars babies & a milkshake


Jacob still isn't up to par these days. He has missed this entire week of school. He will have good hours and then bad hours. He tends to be worse when he has woken up for the day or from a nap. I took him back to see our pediatrician today for a look see. Jacob's pneumonia is still there in the same spot, in his right lung. Our Dr. gave us another Rx to take along with the old Rx. She said that this was one of two things...either it is a viral pneumonia and there isn't much to do except let his body heal itself. or b- that this is a strong bacterial pneumonia that the original omnicef medication wasn't strong enough to zap it out, hence the new medication. However, if he still isn't feeling better by Monday then he'll need to have some blood drawn. Clyde and I discuss Dr.s alot. Having a big family there are times when they are necessary. Why wait and see? Why not order the blood work now, when he is already feeling poopy to determine what the best route is to take?? Yes, I know, blood work requires a needle and one miserable boy, but all that misery would magically go away with a new set of Star Wars babies and a milkshake. Seems like a small price to pay to know exactly how to treat him. Again, why wait and see???

3 comments:

clyde said...

Hey I want my milkshake. I took all my medicine.

ashley said...

you are so silly ward!

Maylee said...

I hope the little man gets better very soon. I hate knowing that he is so sick.