Wednesday, August 25, 2010

i hate popcorn!

So, one day this summer, I got a crazy notion to scrape the popcorn off the ceilings downstairs.  We have been wanting to scrape them since we moved in. What a terribly messy job! I suckered Clyde into helping out as well.
Some of the popcorn fell off in sheets, while other sections took some coaxing, and other sections took hard scraping, water soaking, and a ton of swearing to come off.
While everything was covered, we still didn't plan very well in the popcorn messes.  We learned our lesson for day 2 of scraping.

The boys wanted to help out and we had them help with a few of the sections that we knew would come off easy.

Better planning and about 6 tarps did the trick for the next day of popcorn removal.  I was barefoot the first day and I learned to wear something over my feet for day 2.

Clyde could see that I was getting flustered and grabbed lunch and made me go to the park. I wasn't happy to leave an unfinished project for an hour or so, but he was right, I needed to get outside. Thanks dear!

Semi-smooth and primed ceilings.  That section right above our kitchen peninsula will take some figuring out to mend.  That section was close to 2-3 inches think. No matter how hard we scraped, it still refused to come down. I'm gonna try to sand it and then putty it to get it smooth...if all else fails we'll add a decorative beam.

No comments: