Wednesday, August 26, 2009

trek, trek, trek

Lat weekend we had a trek reunion and dance for the youth in our stake. There we were given a disc of photos and the video made of our adventures. Since I forgot my memory card (who does that BTW?!) I only got 10 shots or so, I was thrilled to get the disc of over 1000 photos. I have tried several times to upload more of the ones of our company and our family, but alas, it isn't working out too well. Watching the video reminded me of how I felt while we were there. It was so hot and draining, but in nearly all the photos, people were smiling and happy. Even in our stinkiness, the youth were flirting with each other and making jokes. What good spirits. So without further adieu...enjoy the few pic.s that would be uploaded.

The food was worth standing in line for. The folks who prepared the food did the most excellent job. The first night we cooked our own family meals using dutch oven. Enchiladas. To be honest, I was unsure of how I would digest them, so I opted for a PB &J sandwich. The only bathrooms were the port-a-potties @ base camp and the woods. Now, I am not a port-a-potty fan as it is, but I was happy to use them instead of the woods. Plus, we were so dehydrated from the first day that when we got to camp, all we really wanted was water and fruit. Clyde said that the food was really good.
This photo was from day one. It had been raining for over a week, and hard rains @ that and the ground showed it. The ground was nice and muddy. I was so glad for my Keen boots. They were so priceless for the trek adventure. I am a big Keen fan as it is and they worked miracle of miracles on the trek. Clyde was usually was either in the back or front and I the opposite. This time I was in front trying to determine which side was the least muddy.


Here is our family banner by the end of the trip. I love LOVE this photo. This may be my favorite from the whole experience.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessups are in the house. We feel so special. I think we should remove the edit comments part now :)

ashley said...

no such luck...want to preview comments...