Wednesday, August 26, 2009

doe a deer

Day 3 of the trek was such a relief. It was so hot and miserable that we were all ready for the trek to be over. We still worked and walked our rears and legs off. No letting up on us, even on day 3. Below are some photos from the 3rd day taken by the Stake leadership.
This is so why I love NC! I fell in love with NC all over again. Look at it's beauty!

Here was our family maneuvering that heavy handcart around the terrain of NC.
I could see the van!!
This was our final rest area. We, all 4 companies were to meet here, and being the first company we had to wait for the remaining 3 to catch up, so that we could all walk together to the finale. This was taken before the baby deer charged one of my trek daughters and myself. That's right a baby deer..."that'll bring us back to doe!"

1 comment:

Carol at WRESA said...

Wow! I'm impressed! You are a true pioneer woman!