Wednesday, June 17, 2009

dang mud

We are off on our adventure for the summer in just a few hours. This adventure seemed like months in the future & is now mere hours away. We packed all day, loaded the van and delivered the items to the camp site. Let me just say MUD! With all the loveliness of rain, comes some nice red NC clay/mud. As we were unloading the gear I studied to ground and there are mud puddles that if stepped in, would suck you in ankle deep. Clyde was kind to think of some nice galoshes for me. I haven't broken them in, obviously, but I am hoping that they will do the trick. Just remember ankle deep mud.


So, we were asked to choose a country to represent on this Pioneer Trek...representing all the immigrants from around the world that joined in the trek west to Zion. We, of course, chose Poland. I wanted to take our banner and totally embroider it up, but alas it was vetoed @ our last Ma/Pa meeting. So, I thought that I would do the same kind of embroidery, just by hand, so that I could whip stitch it into place while there. Any guesses on the saying? These patches of sorts will be placed on a banner that 1- will be hung from our handcart and b-will represent our family, country, and desire to make it to Zion. Feel free to leave comment guesses. (Fear not they will be posted once we return from our trip.)

A special shout out Thank you to our folks who have our children and those who let us borrow dutch ovens, tents, red fabric strips, clothing, water buckets, and supplied the bug spray! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

And we're off.................
It says, 'Onward Ever Onward.'

2 comments:

Mary said...

I hope all goes well! I was afraid there would be mud and lots of it. Bright side...it isnt raining...now.
Good luck! and I have no idea what that says. no guess here.

Cyndie said...

On the last trek, we were assigned the country of . . . Mississippi.

Poland is much better.

Happy trekking!