Monday, September 24, 2007

Horse Day



We went to my folk's house today to pick-up Jacob. He spent the night with them last night. We had a missionary home-coming sacrament mtg. for some good friends yesterday, so he just rode home with them. While we were there, we got to see the horses and feed them some hay and grass
. These are their fillies; Daisy and Fly. Their other male horses, gelding Slim and stallion Splash, were either in the round pin or stalled. We had a bunch of fun learning about Pop Pop and Bubbie's horses today.
I also got my serger back today. I had taken it to a repair shop here in town and they were going to charge me $160 to repair my lower looper, $60 for the part and $100 to repair it. I thought that was way too expensive! I remembered a place in Asheboro that my Mom uses and so I called them. They charged me $75 to replace the part, clean, repair, fix the timing, and tension on it. They also oiled it. A way better price. Now, on to Christmas sewing!! Yippee!!

No comments: