Wednesday, September 12, 2007

the cake

A good friend, loaned us this cute cake pan for Penny's birthday. I think that the cake turned out cute. I think that the next time I did it, I would use bolder colors, so that it would pop a bit more. Raegen put the sprinkles on it and I think that it gave it a bit of whimsy. It was strawberry cake with cream cheese icing.
I don't know if you can tell or not, but Penny was not very happy when we were singing "Happy Birthday" to her. She was actually screaming and crying her wee little head off. For whatever reason, she wasn't a happy birthday gal. It was her party and she cried when she wanted too.
It was dark in the house when the candles were lit, so after we helped her blow her candles out, I quickly took a picture. The flash scared her a bit, as you can slightly tell in the photo.
Here is the spoiled birthday girl deciding how long she is going to pout, by refusing her birthday cake.
It was maybe a minute, before she indulged and took a bite that ended up all over her!


No comments: