Tuesday, December 13, 2011

naked tree

First of all, I cannot believe that we are days away from Christmas. The past two weeks have been very busy here at the brown house. (Pictures will soon follow, to prove the busy-ness.) 

We actually bought a real Christmas tree this year. The last real tree we had was our first Christmas as a married couple, back in 1996. Clyde has a thing about real trees and cutting them down, because the tree dies. My theory is that they were planted to die. They also remind me of growing up and the smell of Christmas was the tree's scent in the air. I was more than thrilled when Clyde suggested that we get a live tree this year. It has been so incredibly busy that, we still haven't decorated our tree. We have a beautifully naked tree up in our livining room, as Jacob calls it. I am hoping to get our tree clothed this week.

No comments: