Sunday, March 27, 2011

the sun'll come out, tomorrow

 ...that's right...Annie. This proved to be a difficult show to pull together. Mainly because the shop doesn't do costumes for children. This show is going to a middle school in Georgia and the school aged children ranged from maybe a size 10/12 in girls and boys to a 16/18 in women's sizes. It also wanted 17 matching servant /maid costumes. We had several, but they were being used for The Sound of Music's Von Trapp children. So, along with making Annie's red dress costume, I made 9 matching dresses. The more I made, the more I, 1- made them simplier and simpler and b- began to loathe the paisley print fabric.
Next on the docket was Cats. A local college here in the Emerald City, was doing a revue of Andrew Lloyd Weber. We needed to make 7 cats costumes, along with putting together costumes for Jesus Christ Superstar and Phantom of the Opera.  I neglected to photograph any of the cats that I made and am regretting it. They turned out so good!!  When Cats was finished, so was my temp job @ the costume shop. Once a few more shows come in, my job will resume. I have loved working @ the shop. It has made me a better seamstress and made me use my imagination and creativity in a whole new way. I am everso grateful for this chance to do something different. With this last week off, I have attempted to rest my still sprained and quite swollen ankle, chosen paint colors for our bedroom, got some things done in my garden, volunteered in my babies classrooms, and played chauffer to and fro soccer practices. It does feel weird to have gone 1000 miles an hour and then to stop.

No comments: