Tuesday, December 14, 2010

cable

Libby is home sick today. Before I left the brown house to get the little wardlings to school, I ran upstairs to check on Libby, who had nestled into my warm and tozy (a Penny word) flannel sheets.  She was watching Katy Perry on VH1. (Don't worry... it wasn't her "I want to see your peacock" song.) I had an instant flashback of sleepovers with my grandparents Cecil.  My family didn't have cable when I was growing up so going to MeeMaw and PeePaws house was rockin' for more than just a visit and yard sale-ing with them. It was the cable. My sister Raegen and I would always sneak a VH1 or MTV video as much as we could. We would always have to change the station...even if it was on a dumpy country station. Everything was innocent in those days...I mean George Michael singing, "I want your sex" isn't bad...right?! Besides it was really Cindy Lauper who rocked VH1 with her awesome "Time after Time" video. Just seeing Libby with the remote in her hand and watching The California Girl, Katy, I thought that times had changed.  She wasn't laying there with her finger on the remote to quickly change the station when she heard footsteps of an adult or the door opening. I hope that Libby feels better, but for today, she can chill with the remote, on my bed,  and watch all the non parental blocked shows she chooses. :)

1 comment:

Bubbie said...

Yes, I remember the quick hussle of fingers whenever I would walk int o a room....but really, it was mostly the boys who seemed to sneak and if I remember correctly it was Madonna in those days and she was/is nasty.