Wednesday, July 21, 2010

new happenings

When Erin and I were filling a few Rx's after the extraction of her spare molar, I get a frantic phone call from Libby...the babysitter, informing me that Penny had cut her bangs.  I was so terrified that she had scalped herself and was relieved when i saw this:
She said that her hair was in her face and she took it upon herself to do something about it.  A simple clip would have worked.
Our Penny with her new style.  I think it turned out darling.

Last winter I realized that Penny didn't have enough warm sweatshirts/ sweaters in her wardrobe.  She got into a Pre-K program starting in September and will need to have a few more warm things to wear. (Around the house the same sweatshirt can be worn for several days.)  Not wanting to be turned into social services for having her wear the same thing over and over again, I knitted her this little sweater. The yarn is wool and since it was clearanced out, the whole sweater costed us less than $4 for me to knit. Of course it took hours to knit.

She says that the sweater is too 'ee-chy', so a turtleneck shirt or a long sleeved shirt will be a must wear in order for her to be comfortable.

Last night was Libby's first night in Young Women's.  They did facials, manicures, & pedicures. Fun time for the Libby Lou.  What's on the docket today??? stay posted!!

2 comments:

Bubbie said...

Penny's haircut is super!! She did the best bang's cut ever! And the sweater is so cute, love the little flower accessory! And hat's off to Libby for her first night in Young Women's!!! Your girls are so beautiful and growing up so fast :(....love you, Bubbie

Cathy said...

I thought Penny looked absolutely adorable today at church.