Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Look what I did!!

Penny needed a few warmer dresses for winter, that is, if winter ever comes. I found this fabric this past spring and held on to it. Last year for Christmas, my Mom renewed my "Sew Beautiful" subscription. Last month's issue had this adorable little prairie dress in it. Their's was similar fabric and pattern that I used. The difference is that I didn't make the collar, and I hand embroidered the design, where they had some machine embroidered on the insert. Then they had a cuff (on the sleeve) to make the white pop, and I used rick rack. I think this turned out just as cute, if not cuter... :) I'm hoping to be able to finish some matching things for Erin and Libby before Sunday. Sunday is our Primary Program and I thought that it'd be cute to make them matching dresses. I usually use the same fabric, with different style dresses. Since they are mine, hence the same fabric, but they are their own little gals, so they get different styled dresses. I think that I put too much thought in my reasoning and that I've seen "Little House on the Prairie" too many times.

No comments: