Wednesday, March 7, 2012

documentation

I like reading blogs. One of the crafty blogs I read, wrote a post about things that she had made over the years. She mentioned how great it would be for future generations to see them. It got me thinking about all the 'things' I have made over my life time. It would be interesting project to dig through my mom's cedar chest to see what she had saved from my childhood on up to present. There have been so many things over the years that it would be a long search to find every one of them.  What the amazing part of the documenting my things project would be to see how I had progressed; my first thrown piece of pottery to my last, or my first sewing project, or knitting project to what I am capable of accomplishing now, would be a happy feeling.  However, I didn't and still don't feel the need to document every thing I make. I know I post accomplishments here on the bloggity blog, but in reality, I make mush more than I show here, especially with working occasionally in the Costume shop. This week alone I have made 12 pairs of feathered (yes feathered) bloomers, 4 wolf costumes and added bellies to 4 other wolf costumes. It is Wednesday. I am very proud of what I do and can do. I think the feeling of accomplishment outweighs the need to document every thing.

No comments: