Friday, August 24, 2007

Back to School already??

We were waiting for the girls and Maylee, after their beach trip, so to quiet Penny down, she was taken out of her carseat and given a fig Newton. At first I though it might be a pretzel, but after closer inspection, it's a newton...Yum!
Ashley and Penny sharing a hug!
This was taken when Clyde took the boys to see TMNT at the theaters. They went in costume. They got lots of adoring looks. Clyde had fun taking the boys to see that film!
This is Penny holding one of the 3 baby boy hamsters that we had out of Princess Leia and Han Solo's second litter. My Visiting Teacher took two of the boy hamsters, leaving us with one, which is named Spiderman.
Here we are at the NC Zoo, watching the Polar Bear play. I like the Polar Bear, sea lion, and Otter exhibits the best in North America. We have lots of photo's like this as our family grew. This was just to carry on the tradition.

I cannot believe that school is nearly back in session! We have been busy as bees getting the children ready for school. They need quite a bit of things to be prepared; things like protractors and a compass, crayons, markers, glue, about 20 spiral notebooks, 1"-1& 1/2" binders, folders galore, red pens, high lighters, just to name a few. We go on Monday to meet and greet their new teachers. I pray that the letter that I wrote to the principal did some good!

Clyde is happy at his new job at SWRMS. He is fitting right in with the crew. This week has all been prep work. He had schedules and rules to post. I made him several posters for his class. I should have taken pictures of them. For his Football schedule, I made a football field with the field goal to post the actual schedule on. It turned out so cute. I also made a softball field for the softball schedule. There were a few more as well, for his bell schedule, SWRMS' motto, dance schedule etc. I tried to make them bright and colorful, but masculine. I also made the words "respect", "responsibility", and " citizenship" that he glued and had laminated for display in his class room. He has already asked me to make curtains for his room. He has these 2 massive windows w/ not so good blinds. The light that comes in is way bright, so I guess that I'll be making the curtains for him as well. He said that the fabric has to be flame retardant. I am hoping that Jo-Ann's carries some of that. I'll use my 40% off coupon for the yardage.

Clyde is assisting with football as well. They started practicing this week so it has been a long week for all of us. He typically leaves our house around 6:45am and hasn't been arriving home until 9:30pm. Did I mention that the days have been long? Last night was Randolph County's open house. He was able to meet a bunch of his students and their folks. I think that he is going to have a blast. He is coming home tired but happy. I am so very glad that he is loving his new job. I hope it goes well once he actually starts teaching. He did teach early morning seminary for 3 years, so he is used to lesson plans and such.

Thank goodness for the pool. We have gone nearly every day this week. I would like for the children to be really sick of the pool, since it'll be next summer before we get to swim again. We were at the pool from 10:30ish to 2pm today. Some pals from church joined us. My children had a blast! The younger ones took great naps!!:)

Tonight the girls are sleeping over at Aunt Raegen's house. I bet they are having a super fun girly night. Every girl need that every once and a while! So, the boys & I are having a star wars nite. Go Obi Wan Kanobi and Anakin...we're watching "attack of the clones." Exciting!!

No comments: